1. Commitment to protecting your privacy
Perfect World is committed to protecting your personal and data privacy. To ensure that you can make informed decisions, and feel confident about providing your personal data to PW when using PW’s websites, mobile and other Services, Perfect World hereby provide this notice outlining PW’s practices and the choices the Users have concerning how Users’ Personal Data is being collected and used by PW.
2. The Company which is collecting your Personal Data
4Games is operated by Perfect Online Holding Limited. Under the greatest extent allowed by the applicable laws, all information provided by the User on the 4Games Platform shall be shared by Perfect Online Holding Limited and its Affiliates, brother companies, licensors and licensees (including but not limited to Perfect Online Holding Limited and its Affiliates, as well as their respective licensors and licensees),which may be located outside the original place where these information are collected, unless otherwise noted.
3. The Personal Data collected by PW
PW shall request information form you in several areas of 4Gmes, mobile service and other channels that may be used to personally identify you ("Personal Data”), including but not limited to:
(1) Your personal information, such as name, gender, date of birth, passport or other personally identifiable number, and information about your registered status with any of PW’s subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates.
(2) Your contact information, such as phone number or cellphone number, mailing address, post code, e-mail address, and fax number;
(3) Your business information, such as company name, business title and associated contact information, etc.；
(4) Your consumption data, such as top-up channel you chose, top-up amount and time, and billing records for GCoins, etc.;
(5) Your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by PW or on PW’s behalf.
Certain Personal Data (particularly, your personal information and contact information) are required for specific Services and if you fail to provide such Personal Data as required by each specific service, PW may be unable to provide you the Services in full.
4. How to collect your Personal Data
PW collects your Personal Data to provide better Services to all Users, which include certain basic information (such as the language you used) and some more complicated information (such as your game preferences, etc.)
PW collects information in the following two ways:
(1) Information provided to PW by the Users. You are required to sign for a 4Games Platform account so as to access to Services in 4Games. When you do, PW will ask for personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number or credit card number. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features in 4Games, you may be required to create a publicly visible 4Games Profile, which may contain your name and photos.
(2) Information acquired by PW from your use of the service. PW may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. For instance, when you visit and/or use our top-up page, or when you view and interact with our advertisements and content. This kind of information includes:
● Log information
When you use our Services or view content provided by 4Games, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
(1) IP address;
(2) Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your 4Games Platform account.
●Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
5. Cookies used on 4Games
●Two types of cookies are used on 4Games:
(1) Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site;
(2) Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie files of your browser for much longer.
● Disabling/Enabling Cookies
All browser releases from 4.0 and beyond have a "cookie filter" imbedded in the Privacy settings. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features on 4Games if cookies acceptance have been disabled completely.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in future. You need to set each browser, on each device you use to surf the web. You should repeat this procedure with each one if you use multiple browsers (e.g., Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.). Similarly, if you connect to the web from multiple devices (e.g., work and home), you need to set each browser on each device.
6. Ensure the accuracy of collected Personal Data
PW will adopt all reasonable and practicable measures to ensure the accuracy of collected Personal Data of Users. For example, all 4Games accounts support “E-mail Account Verification”, a verification email will be sent to the User’s e-mail address. In order to ensure the security of your account, it is strongly recommended that you do use this function to confirm your address.
7. Purpose for which the Personal Data are Collected and used
PW may use the Personal Data you provided for one or more of the following purposes:
(1) To process and administer your top-up, purchase, or props and items exchange Services throuth 4Games;
(2) For your use of the online Services available at 4Games and/or through 4Games’s customer service (including online customer self-service system, call center, mail customer service, etc.);
(3) For the supply of any products and/or Services which PW may offer to you or you may require from PW time to time, including in-network private emails and SMS alerts;
(4) For marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on latest offers and promotions in connection with PW’s products and Services and conducting market research;
(5) For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the products and Services that may be supplied to you;
(6) To contact you regarding your enquiries;
(7) To facilitate the payment for products and Services provided by PW or PW’s subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates including verification of credit card details with third parties and using the Personal Data you provide to conduct matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by PW or third parties).
(8) To disclose the data to a third party as required by laws or regulations;
(9) To improve the security, including in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud including carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).;
(10) For the use of any of PW’s subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any other travel related and/or loyalty program related Services such companies and associates may be offering to you from time to time.
(11) PW may from time to time use aggregate non-identifying information about our customers to better design our website and/or to improve our Services and products. This means PW may provide this information to third parties. However, this information will never identify any single user in particular.
Except as provided above, PW will not knowingly or intentionally use or share the Personal Data you provide to use in ways unrelated to the aforementioned purposes without your prior consent.
Please be aware and acknowledged that the Personal Data you provide may be transferred to locations outside of Hong Kong. However, without your prior consent, PW will not disclose any personal information to a third party for marketing promotions.
8. Information You Share
4Games provides the Users with the interactive setting option to share information with others. On that page, you can choose and set which information you’d like to be shared publicly, includes your name, e-mail address, gender, date of birth, mail address, work place, and graduate school, etc.. When you finished your registration of 4Games account, your nickname, gender, location, game information and signature will be shared publicly, while the status of other identifying information shall be decided according to your options.
Those public information like your avatar, nickname, location and game information may be displayed or disclosed on the home page of 4Games, official sites of the game or social network according to different Services.
9. How to Access or Correct Your Personal Data
You may request access to and correct your Personal Data held by PW. If you wish to get a copy of any of your Personal Data, if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which PW collect and maintain is incorrect, or if you believe that the Personal Data held by PW was used beyond the scope of the purpose of use disclosed above or was obtained by fraudulent or unlawful means or provided to a third party without your prior consent, please contact our customer service staff at CS@4games.com.
PW may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
10. Links to Other Websites
4Games contains links to other sites that are operated by third party companies with different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. PW have no control over Personal Data that you submit to or receive from these third parties.
Please be noted that PW can neither control the actions of a third party which PW shared data with, nor ensure that the third party adopts the same privacy security and safety policy as PW do.
11. Protect the Privacy Right of Children
PW attaches great importance to the security and protection of collection and use of children’s Personal Data. PW shall not collect and hold any information for identification relating to any declared Children Users, such as name, address or cellphone number, etc. At the same time, PW shall not share any Children’s Personal Data with a third party, and will not deliberately send promotional emails to a declared Child User.
It is strongly recommended that all children Users should obtain advice from your parents or other legal guardians before you participate in any online activities or provide your Personal Data.
12. Commitment to Personal Data Security
To maintain the accuracy of the Personal Data, as well as to prevent unauthorised access and ensure the correct use of Personal Data, PW has implemented appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure the collected Personal Data.
For example, PW uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol—an industry standard for encryption over the Internet—to protect in transmission the Personal Data collected online. When you type in sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet. All electronic Personal Data that PW maintained is securely stored and further protected through our use of appropriate access controls. When disposing of Personal Data, paper documents containing Personal Data are securely destroyed, and electronic files storing Personal Data are permanently deleted.
In addition, to better protect certain Personal Data, some areas of 4Games are inaccessible unless you supply individually identifiable and verifiable information, such as your 4Gmes account and Password, or log in using your User ID and PIN.
As stated above, in some instances PW may entrust Personal Data to third party service providers (including service providers outside of your jurisdiction), binding them to protect the security of Personal Data and only to use it for the purposes PW specifies.
13. Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
In addition, PW may disclose and transfer the Personal Data to and jointly use Personal Data with (whether within or outside of your jurisdiction) its subsidiaries, associated companies, business partners, service providers and other persons who PW considers appropriate, in connection with the Services and products provided to or requested by you. PW may disclose this information to facilitate communication of news and information about such Services and products and otherwise for the purposes mentioned above, under Section 3, “Purposes for which the Personal Data are Collected and Used”.
13.1 The entities with whom PW may share your Personal Data include but are not limited to:
(1) Any Perfect World group companies;
(2) Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other Services to PW in connection with the operation of its business;
(3) Other business partners, such as other companies involved in providing customer service or fulfilling customer requests;
(4) Credit reference agencies;
(5) Credit, debit and/or charge card companies and/or banks;
(6) Governmental or non-governmental authorities, agencies and/or regulators.
13.2 Where permitted by applicable local law, PW may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
(1) When required by law, by court order, or in response to a search warrant or other legal valid inquiry;
(2) To an investigative body;
(3) To enforce our agreements with you;
(4) When requested by other government or law enforcement authorities on the basis of legal procedures;
(5) With your express consent, or
(6) Pursuant to PW’s good faith belief that disclosure is required by law or otherwise necessary to the establishment of legal claims or defenses, to obtain legal advice, to exercise and defend our legal rights, to protect our rights or property and those of our subsidiaries or associated companies, or to protect the life, body or property of an individual. This also applies when PW has reason to believe that disclosing the Personal Data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
PW may also transfer any held information about you as an asset in connection with a sale, licensing or outsourcing certain products to a third party, so as to make sure that the Users can obtain the Services and information related to these products continuously and minimize the impact to the Users. Similar cases include corporate mergers, acquisitions, reorganization, bankruptcy and other similar events, in which, all Users’ information shall be transferred to PW’s successor or nominators.
Please be advised that the Personal Data that PW collects or obtains may be transferred to a jurisdiction that offer lesser protection of Personal Data than that provided in your jurisdiction. By submitting personal information to PW or using any Services of any website of PW, you understand and consent to such transfer.
15. Your Choice
You always have ultimate choice and control over the Personal Data stored by PW, as well as the types of information you would like to receive from PW. PW will occasionally send you email or SMS updates, or other marketing or promotion email communications, about our latest products and Services, as well as special offers to those who subscribe to such Services. Whenever PW sends you such a marketing or promotional email, PW will also give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any future such emails.
If at any time you decide you do not wish to receive any marketing or promotional emails or SMS messages from PW, you may unsubscribe from such communications by following the “opt-out instructions contained in the emails sent to you, or by contacting PW’s customer service.
16. Data Controller
Any Personal Data provided to or gathered by PW is controlled primarily by PW.
17. Retention of Data
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a limited duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law.
PW shall not be responsible for the following issues:
(1) Any Personal Data leakage due to the accounts and passwords of 4Games being disclosed or shared by the User, or leakage which is not because of PW;
(3) Any consequence caused by force majeure which may affect the normal use of the internet, such as the User’s computer system problems, hacker attack, computer virus attack, temporary website shut-down relating to government regulation, these consequences include but are not limited to any leakage, loss, burglary or falsification of Personal Data;
(4) Any consequence caused by force majeure;
(5) Information leakage caused by the conditions as set forth in Article 13.2.